Requirements a product to be considered probiotic
- Reaches the intestines alive
- Improves the bowel movements
- Prevents the growth of harmful bacteria in the intestines.
- Aids digestion in the intestines and helps in reducing harmful substance.
- Has a beneficial effect on human health.
Lactobacillus casei strain Shirota in Yakult
- The administration of Yakult maintains or increases the level of beneficial bacteria.
- Lacticaseibacillus paracasei strain Shirota (LcS) suppresses the intestinal putrefactive fermentation in the intestines.
- Absorbs potent mutagens and suppresses mutagenesis.
- Lacticaseibacillus paracasei strain Shirota (LcS) has been known to exhibit anti-tumor activity.
- Protective effect on infection.